Monday, March 9, 2009

020 - Antony and Cleopatra and Robin and Starfire



It just figures that on Monday, the week working up to making this comic, this comes out. I don't believe a word of it since I like to think I was somewhat accurate with my drawing of Shakespeare after having practiced getting it right.

Here are some fun facts about the comic!
1.) In panel two, I put a pen in each of Shakespeare's hands because I couldn't find out whether Shakespeare was right or left-handed. However, note that in panel four I couldn't avoid this so I made him right-handed since right-handed people get all the ladies and party while left-handed people such as myself are left to lay bricks or improperly use scissors.

2.) Some guy, maybe Shakespeare, once said "The pen is mightier than the sword." Well, now Shakespeare is holding two pens, and he's using them as swords. The body count is suspected to be in the billions.

So, hey, remember last week when I said I'd use the time to try out a new art style? Well, I didn't do what I meant last week, but I still tried to spice up this week's comic. The first panel went fairly well, but the following ones elicit a reaction of "What the fuck happened?"

What happened was I got lazy with the drawings. Sorry.

I've been thinking about how I'd be able to spice up the layout of the panels. I know the first time didn't go over so well, but I'm not going to stick with cookie-cutter layouts like this. With the next comic I've made a little change in my process of making the comics. It might take a little time for me to get used to. On the plus side, if it works well enough, it should not only allow me to be a bit more free form with the panels, but drawing the panels in the first place will be a lot more comfortable. It may also make the whole comic-making process even speedier. I have been producing the last few comics fairly quickly, now.

I'm hoping to find the winning formula that works best for me with making comics. I feel I'm getting closer, though.

Oh, hey, by the way, here's another mini comic. I like making these. I think I'll do one for each comic in case the main one tanks or whatever.



This is referring to how, as mentioned at the very beginning of this post, as soon as I started work on the comic, I found on Digg.com that Shakespeare's real portrait may have been discovered. The idea came from when I was talking with Brandon about it. He said it would make a good comic, so I made it a comic.

WALLPAPERS!

No one asked for them but I have given them to you anyway, here is a wallpaper! Download it and do whatever you do with desktops that you like. If the size is too big, set it to stretch and it'll shrink itself to fit your screen at no loss of quality. Nifty.

1024 x 768


1280 x 960


1920 x 1200

No comments:

Post a Comment